In times like an earthquake, and you are told to evacuate, here are some handy tips you need to know to properly travel with your pets.
- All cats should be in a crate or carrier.
- Dogs can be either in crate or carrier, or restrained in a special harness that attaches to the seat belt. If you use a pet barrier in the back seat or deck of your SUV, be sure it is sturdy and firmly attached so it does not collapse on your pet.
- Never allow your pet to ride in the front passenger seat (especially one that is airbag equipped).
- Never let your pet out of the car without proper restraint.
- Don’t allow your pet to ride with their head out the window; flying debris could hurt them.
- Never leave your pet alone in a parked car. He or she will be vulnerable to heat stroke or theft.
- If you are traveling out of town, stop regularly so that your pet can stretch his legs and have a drink of water.
Here are some items you can find at sacromerx.com before travelling.